Thursday, March 14, 2019

Beta #1

I am sure everyone just wants to know what the results were so I will get right to the point... our first Beta was 134 and we are PREGNANT!  This is a great number and is higher than average for being 9dp5dt (9 days post 5 day transfer).  I will say that I was expecting it to be higher due to the how dark the home pregnancy tests have been, but you can't really determine a beta from a home test so I really shouldn't have assumed anything. Here is our first weekly bump pic!
The due date is 11/21 (Thanksgiving baby)! Next beta will be Monday, typically it's 2 days in between, however it is the weekend so we are being tortured for two extra days :-(

The intended parents and I have known since 4dpt which was Saturday, however they did not want me to share the news until today, which was perfectly understandable.  In the days after the first test and today we have gotten to gradually watch the beautiful test line get darker and darker, and will continue to do so for at least a few more days! Yes that means I will be throwing more money at Target to buy more tests. 
Of course a digital made it even more real while waiting for beta!

Plus I will have to buy more of this delicious ice cream to celebrate:-)

I am sure that you may be wondering if I have any symptoms yet and the answer is not really. I would say the only symptoms I have had has been on/off cramping and having to pee more often.  I guess I've also woken up starving for the past few mornings which I guess can count as a symptom as well :-) I love food so I don't always think of that as a symptom but for the sake of keeping track of symptoms I will count it!

The parents of this baby and I are so thrilled and excited for what lies ahead. We are all truly grateful for all of the support and positive vibes that everyone has been sending us. I have seriously had friends asking me every day how I feel and saying that they can't wait to hear how it went.  We are also grateful to be working with, and in my case for, such an amazing agency that has provided me so much support with coordinating absolutely everything that I have needed :-) 

If anyone has any questions along the way please let me know.. as I've said before I love to share about my journey and love to educate as many people as I can on what surrogacy is and how it can help build a family.  

I also wanted to share this sweet picture of Cody with our puppy, poor guy has been home sick for two days, although today I think he could have gone to school lol. 


2 comments: